Raw Food Guru David Wolfe talks about SeaweedPrint
According to David Wolfe, Seaweed is called 'ancient super food' and was our ancester's secret to health and longevity.
For thousands of years, our forefathers ate seaweed for optimum nutrition. There were times in history that sea vegetable gardens where kept specifically for the rich. And seaweed has been considered a perfect food in china for over 2000 years.
Seaweed draws an extraordinary wealth of mineral elements from the sea that can account for up to 36% of its dry mass. This food is high in iodine, calcium, magnesium, iron, vitamins C and A, protein, Vitamins B, fiber and, alpha linoleic acid, EPA, and so much more.
Nori includes almost all the mineral elements, which are used effectively in our body. This common seaweed contains more vitamins than fruits and vegetables. It is abundant in dietary fiber.
Raw or sun dried seaweed contains:
- High protein content: from 20% in green algae to 70% in spirulina.
- High mineral content, especially: iodine, calcium, iron, magnesium.
- More vitamin C than oranges.
- Natural iodine maintaining a healthy thyroid function.
- Anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory properties
- Large proportion of natural, organic iodine aiding in maintaining a healthy thyroid function (not to be compared with the toxic substitute added to table salt.
- One of the richest plant sources of calcium.
- Polysaccharides: important in the prevention of degenerative diseases including cardiovascular and diabetes 2, increase the amount of feel-good chemicals in the brain, improves liver function, stabilizes blood sugar.
This results in the following seaweed health benefits: healthy hear, improved memory, clear skin, good eyesight, dental health, healthy thyroid function, improved immune system, prevents allergies and infections, lowers blood pressure, nurtures healthy heart vessels, normalizes cholesterol levels, support bon health, aids in waste movement and digestion.